Become a Designer
WE’RE LOOKING FOR TALENTED DESIGN CONSULTANTS
At ShelfGenie, we design, build, and install custom Glide-Out™ Shelving Solutions to give people easier access, more space, and better organization in existing cabinet or pantry. We’re currently looking for Design Consultants to deliver outstanding in-home presentations to our clients.
As a Design Consultant, you will:
• Conduct in-home design appointments
• Provide solutions to improve client living spaces
• Earn high sales commissions based on selling price and lead origination
• Set your own schedule and coverage area
• Work with clients who are pro-actively looking for our solutions
WE SUPPORT YOU
ShelfGenie provides you with a variety of training and tools to support you in your new role. These tools include:
• Online access to ShelfGenie University, as well as our Designer Intranet
• Over eight hours of interactive, online Designer Training
• ShelfGenie 3D Design Software so you can draw professional plans for your clients
• Marketing Support and Lead Generation Assistance
• The ShelfGenie Business Support Center (BSC), which is staffed over 60 hours a week, assists in managing all appointments booked by ShelfGenie to include reminder calls, welcome calls, and complete management of the installation process.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
As part of the process, we ask that you make the following commitment to us:
• Successfully complete ShelfGenie University's 10 online training modules
• Participate in initial Design Consultant training and ongoing training with Franchise Owner or Training Manager
• Perform five practice appointments with friends and family to fine tune your design and presentation skills
• Complete one independent sale prior to running ShelfGenie generated appointments
• Order a Sample Presentation Kit and Starter Marketing Kit
THE DESIGN PROCESS
Our Glide-Out shelves are custom designed and built to provide unique solutions to meet the unique needs of each client's unique kitchen or cabinet. Here’s how our process works¾from the first phone call to installation.
Step 1: Client schedules a free in-home consultation.
Step 2: The Design Consultant makes an in-home appointment and partners with the client to create a plan based on needs and budget.
Step 3: A Certified Installer, who is insured and licensed, will measure the client’s cabinets to ensure a truly custom fit.
Step 4: Custom construction of the client’s shelving solutions begins. Delivery is normally 4-6 weeks after measurement directly to the Installer.
Step 5: Custom Installation takes places, which is quick and easy because of the time already dedicated to design, measure and construction of the custom Glide-Outs.
Step 6: After installation, the Franchisee, Design Consultant, and Business Support Center follow up with the client to ensure satisfaction.
Our Sales Training Program is available to anyone interested in earning Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and is a mandatory requirement to becoming a ShelfGenie Design Consultant. By graduating from ShelfGenie University, you can earn potential CEUs towards Organizing, Interior Design, and Kitchen & Bath.