- About Us
- Design Process
- Contact Us
ShelfGenie is the perfect franchise opportunity for those seeking growth opportunities and professional satisfaction, while providing great products backed with superior service and support! With protected territories and a franchisor dedicated to your success, you simply cannot go wrong with ShelfGenie.
ShelfGenie manufactures Glide-Out™ shelving solutions that are custom built to fit virtually any existing cabinet, pantry or furniture… anywhere there is a space, we can fill that space with ShelfGenie Glide-Outs. What makes Glide-Out shelves from ShelfGenie so desirable? The list of benefits we provide our customers is lengthy. Start with the environmentally friendly building products and made in the USA construction and you have two features that our customers love. Add durability and affordability and the list starts growing. Don’t forget the accessibility and increased organization that our Glide-Out shelves provide. As you can see, when homeowners have our Glide-Out shelves installed in their homes, they benefit in many ways.
Our target customer demographics have allowed our franchise owners to do exceptionally well during this changing economy. Our demographics consist of two primary categories: Luxury Purchasers and Necessity Purchasers. Within each category there are several sub-categories that further define who our customers are.
• Closet customer – Those upgrading their closet often will consider making upgrades to their kitchen where they spend more of their time anyway.
• Upgrade customer – Historically, this customer would either trade-up to a nicer home or use their Home Equity Line of Credit to do a significant home remodel. These options are not viable for many in the current economy. Instead they are spending money on lower cost home improvements and choosing to do a small handful of upgrades such as cabinet re-facing, new countertops, new appliances, new flooring, etc. Homeowners looking for lower cost, high impact home improvements are great customers for us!
• Baby Boomers - As Boomers downsize to smaller homes, their new homes often don’t have the same storage capacity. What do you do when you don’t have space for all the nice things you have collected during your lifetime? You pack every bit of cabinet space, making it virtually impossible to access items in the back. The solution? ShelfGenie.
• Senior customers – Most seniors want to live at home as long as possible. Many enter assisted living situations due to falls that take place in kitchens and bathrooms. Falls that are often a result of bending over and twisting into their cabinets to grab something then losing their balance when they try to stand up. Our senior customers modify their home so that they can age in it, adding handles in showers, widening doorways, putting in wheelchair ramps and installing Glide-Out shelving.
• Disabled customers – Anyone injured, recovering from surgery or going to physical therapy would benefit from our Glide-Out solutions. Even if the disability is temporary, people often make changes to their home to make getting around on crutches or wheel chairs easier. Our disabled customers love the ability to store items in places that are easier to reach.
ShelfGenie® franchisees enjoy an abundance of tools and resources that automate most daily operational tasks, allowing franchisees to operate as CEO of their company. As the CEO, they strategically choose the tasks that add the most to their bottom line every day. Our owners manage designers and installers and an aggressive marketing program, but most importantly, they create relationships with referral partners such as physical therapists, realtors and geriatric physicians.
So, how do you benefit as a franchise owner?
• You will be building equity for your future, while improving people’s lives.
• You’ll benefit from a wealth of resources that are available to our franchise owners.
• Those resources will minimize the administrative headaches of running a business.
• You’ll have access to state-of-the-art tools and technologies that help you make informed management decisions – right from your desktop.
Sound interesting? Submit our Information Request Form and we will contact you to go over the details of the franchise offering. If you like, we can set a time for you to visit our corporate offices, meet with franchise management staff and review our Franchise Disclosure Document.
Why Buy a Franchise?
Joining a franchise system has many benefits. You have the chance to own your own business and create your own financial security, while eliminating the worries and pitfalls of going it alone. There is value in being part of a team, and the ShelfGenie® team is geared toward your success! Join ShelfGenie, and you will have full access to our exclusive products, tools, procedures and more. Enjoy the benefits of:
• A Streamlined Business Process: Our exclusive 14 step process allows you to manage the customer relationship from welcome call, through measurement and building, to shipment, installation and final payment, all with the assistance of our Business Support Center.
• A Centralized Business Support Center: Enjoy the benefits of having our Business Support Center receive customer calls, schedule appointments and place customer service calls for you! Our advanced phone system allows us to transfer and monitor calls, review call activity, establish remote extensions for each franchise and more.
• A WishPortal Franchise Management System: Our proprietary, web-based system allows you to manage all aspects of your business – real time and online! Dashboards and reports provide you with the information you need to make important business decisions quickly and easily.
The ShelfGenie team is always available with the support you need to open and operate your business, including:
• Comprehensive start-up training at our home office.
• Onsite start up assistance, periodic field visits and ongoing remote support from experienced ShelfGenie representatives.
• A confidential operations manual detailing day-to-day operations.
• Effective, professionally designed consumer marketing materials.
• And much, much more!
Do you have more questions? If you’re interested in learning more about opening a ShelfGenie franchise, please either submit our Information Request Form, or call us at 877-814-3643.
The Value in ShelfGenie®
You may be wondering if ShelfGenie is the right investment for your future. For those who wish to provide high quality, customized storage solutions to members of their community, ShelfGenie is the perfect fit. These are just a few of the many reasons why ShelfGenie is a great investment for your home and your future.
• An Immense Market. As a ShelfGenie franchise owner, you will tap into the enormous home remodeling business. Industry sales have skyrocketed to an estimated $235 billion from $215 billion in 2005. This upward trend is forecasted to continue for the foreseeable future. Even in today’s challenging economic times, ShelfGenie is seeing remarkable growth. As people stay in their homes longer, they are investing in valuable home improvements. (Source: US Census)
• A Growing Customer Base. ShelfGenie’s products and solutions appeal to just about everyone, but especially to the Baby Boomer and senior markets. Today, there are 37 million people 65 and over. That number is expected to grow to 70 million over the next 30 years. (Source: US Census)
• Customized Storage Solutions for Every Cabinet in the Home. Our incredible Glide-Out™ shelving solutions are custom-built and can be installed anywhere in the home. From the kitchen and pantry, to the bathroom and closets, to the home office, media room and garage, the possibilities are nearly endless.
If you’re interested in learning more about opening a ShelfGenie franchise, please either submit our Information Request Form, or call us at 877-814-3643.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t want to be an installer?
Our franchise owners go through the same training as an installer, but we do not encourage franchise owners to be installers. Instead of an owner spending time under someone’s cabinets installing, they should be taking realtors to coffee, or meeting a new physical therapist, or going on a mentoring sales visit with one of their designers. We want owners to focus on growth activities rather than operations.
How big is the ShelfGenie system?
With over 130 franchises in operation, ShelfGenie covers over 60% of the U.S.
What will I receive as part of the ShelfGenie® franchise system?
You will receive:
• Training at our corporate location for eight days
• Access to all ShelfGenie trademarks, our Business Support Center, our exclusive products, software and other operational tools
• A copy of our confidential operations manual to help you run your business effectively
• 360º marketing support
• Cutting edge learning management system that facilitates rapid team growth through online training
What type of prior experience do I need to have?
Marketing and sales backgrounds are helpful. We also find that customer service and business management skills are important. However, regardless of your skills or background, we will provide the tools and training you need to run your own ShelfGenie business. We do, of course, expect that you have the right amount of capital to invest in the franchise.
How much is the ShelfGenie franchise investment?
The estimated required investment ranges from $70,100 to $125,500. As with any new business venture, it’s important that you have the capital needed to adequately fund your new business.
Are there ongoing fees paid to the franchisor?
Franchisees will be required to pay royalties of 5% of weekly gross revenues. These fees allow us to fund our ongoing support services and the continued development of new products, procedures, marketing tools, training programs and systems upgrades. Franchisees will also contribute up to 2% of gross revenues toward a system marketing fund to promote the ShelfGenie brand and fund the creative costs to develop local franchise marketing materials.
What is the term of the franchise agreement?
The initial term of your ShelfGenie franchise agreement is five years, with three subsequent five-year renewal terms.
How do I get started?
If you're interested in learning more about a ShelfGenie franchise, please either submit our Information Request Form or call us at (877) 814-3643. We'll contact you to go over in greater detail the franchise offering, as well as how our mutual evaluation process works, including the possibility of setting up a face-to-face meeting where you can visit our corporate offices, meet with key franchise management staff, and receive our Franchise Disclosure Document which contains all the important details you'll need to make an informed decision.