Become an Installation Partner with ShelfGenie®
ShelfGenie is looking for Installation Partners who are already talented craftsmen and know their way around a toolbox, square and level. This is not a 9-5 "job" but rather the chance to grow your business alongside ours. Installers receive a percentage of the net cost of the job to install Glide-Outs™. Another advantage to working with ShelfGenie is the additional work that many of our Installers receive from our clients.
There are a few things to consider:
We have a mandatory three day training class in Atlanta, GA. The Installer is responsible for the expenses to get here, and there is a $500 fee for the class. In exchange for that, Installers are guaranteed enough work in the first 90 days to recoup that fee or ShelfGenie will reimburse the Installer that sum. We offer a lifetime warranty on our Glide-Outs and therefore feel that we need to "over-train" our Installers. You are also able to visit our headquarters giving you a better sense of our corporate philosophies.
We do not sell tools or mandate that you buy any tools from us. We assume that you have tools but will gladly share with you what we have found to work best. You need all of the proper licenses and insurance for your area. We do run background checks on the people we send into clients' homes.
ShelfGenie sales are booming as the American population gets older and people can't wrestle pots and pans out of the back of their cabinets. Even during the recession, our sales have been growing as people once considering a full kitchen remodel have "compromised" and gone ahead improving their everyday lives by installing Glide-Outs instead.
ShelfGenie installation classes are scheduled each month in our Atlanta training facility and run Friday through Sunday. Led by Charlie Rose, ShelfGenie franchise owner and instructor. Installers learn first-hand his time perfected techniques to measure and install all ShelfGenie products properly and efficiently supporting our Lifetime Warranty. Upon completion, each Installer is awarded the ShelfGenie Certificate of Installation.
Our training includes:
• Twenty-five+ hours of certification class
• Outline of tools and hardware needed for installation
• Complete review of ShelfGenie products and accessories
• Systematic ShelfGenie terminology
• Systematic ShelfGenie installation procedures
• Systematic measuring system (metric)
• Actual hands-on installation practice in our lab
• Time saving procedures we have already learned
• Data entry into the ShelfGenie computer system
• Product receiving process
• Trouble shooting techniques
• Accounting procedures
• Damage claim procedures
• Clear expectation of responsibilities
• Contact information for in-field support
• Orientation to national brand
• Final exam