You may be working from home, helping someone recuperate, or just trying to stay sane during the lockdown. We know how important it is to refuel and reenergize, so you can keep yourself and your loved ones, active and healthy. Having a kitchen that is both functional and beautiful will help you work better and enjoy the space you’re in.So we searched for some creative cabinet storage ideas to not only make your kitchen easier to cook in but easier on the eye.
First, Demarcate Kitchen ZonesBefore you try any of these ideas, create these clearly demarcated zones in your kitchen:
- Food Storage
Kitchen Drawer & Cabinet Storage SolutionsWe found 10 smart storage ideas to help you get more space and functionality out of your kitchen cabinets. These are great if you or a loved one needs:
- More space
- Easier access
- Better organization or
- Something beautiful
1. Tension RodsTension rods are very versatile. You can hang up your paper towel or separate your cutting boards, trays, and baking sheets. You can also use them with S hooks to hang up mugs.If the cabinet doors under your sink fell out, a tension rod will make an excellent impromptu curtain rod to conceal that space. You can find more ways to use tension rods here.
2. Customized Glide-Out Filing DrawerAnother great way to store cutting boards, trays, or recipe books is with ShelfGenie’s custom solutions.You can choose for it to slope in any direction or to be of uniform height. If you wish, you can have it attached to your cabinet door. ShelfGenie can make your divider to custom-fit your space, needs, and preference.
3. Wicker Basket Vegetable DrawerWicker baskets are an excellent choice for breathability for your root vegetables. You can have them as pull-outs or sitting on their own in an under-cabinet space. If you line them with a white breathable linen cloth, it will give them a neater look and be easier to clean.
4. Tall Corner Kitchen Cabinet DrawersIf you have a tall corner cabinet that’s difficult to reach into, then ShelfGenie’s corner cabinet solution can help.It has a central unit and two columns of five Glide-Out shelves each, on either side. The central unit alone consists of a Lazy Susan unit and two Glide-Around units beneath it. The Glide-Around is a three-sided rotating unit. It has pull-out drawers in the center and, when they are turned around, you can access fixed shelves on either side.ShelfGenie designs its solutions to last a lifetime. They are sturdy, custom-made, and hand-crafted using natural wood. Have a look at these blind corner cabinet solutions for lower and upper corner cabinets.
5. Fruit BarIf you have an open cabinet space on your countertop, why not transform it into a fruit bar? Treat yourself and create a natural, beautiful decoration. Create a transparent fruit display. Hang up a mesh rack or create a glass display to store your fruits and set up your juicer. You could use wood to create the partitions and instead of glass, you could use Perspex. You will be more encouraged to make that smoothie or grab a fruit instead of that cookie or bag of chips.
6. Replace Shelves with Pull-Out ShelvesShelfGenie designs its kitchen drawers and shelves to fit your existing cabinets. ShelfGenie Glide-Outs are fully extendable and provide a load capacity of 100 lbs. With ShelfGenie, you can get something custom-made just for you. So if you want a 3 tiered pull-out with shelves of different widths, why not talk to a ShelfGenie designer? It’s an obligation-free, no-cost consultation.You can also double up your space, with the Drawer in a Drawer solution from ShelfGenie. It’s basically two drawers in one unit and helps you make use of the vertical headspace. It's ideal for separating your smaller items from your larger items.
7. Kitchen Trash SolutionThe main thing I like about any modern trash solution is the hidden bin, whether it’s a glide-out or a tilt-out. Even with the pull-out, there are quite a few options. You can have the bins hanging from cut-out drawers or sitting in a pull-out drawer. Two clever ideas here:
- a built-in paper towel holder above the pull-out trash or compost canister
- the trash chute on the countertop.